Tellis Pharmacy closing after 60 years in business | Business
DOWNTOWN (WCSC) - After over half a century of selling medication, snacks and other items, a downtown drug store will close its doors for good this weekend.
Tellis Pharmacy, located at 125 King Street, has been a landmark on the street for 60 years. Store owners Alice Tellis Critikos and Vera Tellis will be closing the pharmacy this Saturday, June 30.
When asked why they were packing up shop, the sisters said, "We've been there for 60 years and it's time to go."
The drugstore part of the store was closed down last year. The remaining items in the store will continue to be on sale through Saturday.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal