9/11 commemoration at Marion Square | Events
DOWNTOWN (WCSC) - Operation R&R, a local nonprofit organization, and the City of Charleston are sponsoring a community commemoration concert this weekend in remembrance of the tragic events of September 11, 2001.
The free concert will be held at Marion Square on Sunday, September 11, from 5 to 6 p.m. The event will honor the first responders, military service men and women and those who perished in all of the events on 9/11.
Operation R&R is designed to provide service men and women an opportunity to reconnect with their spouses and children on a vacation upon their return from Iraq or Afghanistan.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight