Juvenile plays with matches, starts fire downtown | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- Fire officials say a juvenile playing with matches started a fire at a downtown Charleston home on Thursday.
Charleston Fire Department crews responded to the small fire at the corner of Nassau and Johnson streets around 8 a.m.
Spokesman Mark Ruppel said the fire caused by the juvenile was quickly contained.
No injuries were reported and no charges have been filed against the juvenile.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man suspected of car break-ins on James Island
- Deputies involved in shooting of James Island man return to duty
- Loud noises heard Wednesday were sonic booms, officials say
- James Island Charter HS principal files lawsuit against school
- Section of Dills Bluff remains closed following water main break
- Couple arrested on drug dealing charges following apartment search
- Cops: Motorist pulls out gun after motorcyclist threatens to stab him
- Report: Driver points gun at woman after cutting her off on I-526
- Charleston police arrest two suspects in deadly West Ashley shooting
- Live 5 News' Andy Pruitt wins Krispy Kreme donut eating contest