Victims identified in fatal motorcycle accident | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The Charleston County Coroner's Office says two people have died after their motorcycle hit a wall that caused them to be thrown over the retaining wall of an overpass Friday night in Charleston.
The coroner's office has identified the victims as 39-year-old David Morrison and his wife 37-year-old Jennifer Morrison both from Johns Island.
Investigators say the victims were riding in the area of the overpass that leads from I-26 westbound to the Ravenel Bridge at around 7:41 p.m., when the driver of the motorcycle hit the right retaining wall and ejected both of them over the retaining wall.
The Charleston City Police say the male victim died at the scene of the accident. The female passenger was taken to MUSC where she later died at around 1:25 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say both victims were not wearing a helmet.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight