All-star festivities continue at Riley Park today | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The festivities for the 2012 South Atlantic League All-Star Game will kick off at the Joe Riley, Jr. Park early Tuesday afternoon.
A "fan fest" will open at 2:30 p.m. outside the gates at The Joe, with attendants able to enjoy activities and interactive games, food, and live music before the evening's events.
The final round of the S.A.L. Home Run Derby will be held at 5:15 p.m., before the All-Star game, which is expected to start at 7:30 p.m.
The best players in the North and South divisions will take the field, and six RiverDogs will represent the home team on the South squad, as will RiverDogs manager Carlos Mendoza and the rest of the RiverDogs coaching staff.
The last time an all-star game was played at Riley Park was 2004, when the South beat the North 4-2.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Upcoming Events near Downtown
May 25, 7:00PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist