City council approves bike lane addition for Hampton Park | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- Charleston City Council approved adding a bike lane around Hampton Park during a meeting on Tuesday night.
City of Charleston Director of Media Relations Barbara Vaughn said council approved a plan that will open up one lane of Mary Murray Boulevard for cyclists and pedestrians.
Vaughn said the bike and pedestrian lane would be divided from motor vehicle traffic lanes to ensure safety.Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal