Suspect sought for stealing purse, using credit card | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- Authorities are on the lookout for a man who used a credit card from a purse he stole at a Japanese restaurant in downtown.
On the afternoon of July 8, the victim contacted Charleston police and said her purse was stolen the previous night from the O-Ku restaurant on 463 King St.
The woman said she and her friends left their purses in a chair at their table while they got up to dance at 11:30 p.m.
When they returned at 11:50 p.m., the woman noticed that her purse was missing and that her friend's purse was on the floor.
Police say a credit card from the victim's purse was used the next day at a Kangaroo on Wappoo Road.
Investigators have released pictures of the suspect and his vehicle. If you have any information you are asked to call police or Crime Stoppers at 554-1111.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal