Charleston County smoking ban passes first reading | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- Charleston County council passed the first reading of a proposed smoking ban Tuesday night.
The ban would cover bars and restaurants in the county that are not governed by city regulations.
The measure still needs to be passed by county council two more times before businesses will have to put an end to indoor smoking.
The Finance Committee of Charleston County approved the measure last Thursday that would ban smoking in bars and restaurants in unincorporated areas.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight