Three arrested after skylight break-in at Charleston Place | News
DOWNTOWN (WCSC) - Charleston police arrested three men who they say broke into the Charleston Place Hotel through the building's skylight on Thursday morning.
Police say 24-year-old Lucas Lowe, 23-year-old Joshua Jay, and 24-year-old Benjamin Hutchinson broke into the Charleston Place Hotel on 205 Meeting Street around 12:20 a.m. on July 26.
Once inside, officials say the group went into the Charleston Place Hotel Spa and began to drink alcoholic beverages and steal towels and souvenirs.
According to a report, the three suspects entered the hotel from the 5th floor roof. They opened a skylight window and slid down a beam to get inside.
Police say the offenders attempted to run after a maintenance worker spotted them in the 4th floor spa.
The report states two of the men were caught by police while climbing through the skylight, and the other man, who jumped off a ledge to escape, was spotted outside the hotel looking through a window.
The suspects were taken to the Charleston County Detention Center.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal