Mt. Pleasant police officer involved in accident near downtown | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a Mount Pleasant police car rear ended another car near downtown Thursday morning.
Authorities say the accident happened on I-26 eastbound in the area of mile marker 219.
An incident report states that the police car and a car owned by the College of Charleston, was traveling east. Investigators say when the CofC car slowed down for traffic, it was struck from behind by the police car.
Highway patrol is continuing the investigation.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal