Cops: Drunk CofC student arrested after refusing to leave pizzeria | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- A report states that officers gave a 21-year-old College of Charleston student a chance to walk to her house across the street after causing a disturbance at a downtown pizza joint early Wednesday morning.
Moments later, she was arrested.
Police say Laura Katherine Pouncey was at Gilroy's Pizza around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning and was having trouble keeping her balance.
According to an incident report, Pouncey, whose eyes were bloodshot and had been slurring her words, admitted to police that she had been drinking.
When an officer tried to help Pouncey, police say she used profanity multiple times towards the officer and began to cause a scene.
Officers say they told Pouncey several times that she needed to leave the area and go home, which was located across the street, but she continuously refused.
Pouncey was then arrested, taken to the Charleston County Detention Center and charged with public disorderly conduct.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal