Cops: Duo charged after gun-pointing incident downtown | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The Charleston Police Department has arrested two downtown men for weapon charges after one of them allegedly pointed a gun at a man early Sunday morning.
Investigators charged 22-year-old Edwin B. Parkinson III with pointing a firearm. John F. Mansure, 21, was also charged with unlawful carrying of a handgun.
Police responded to the area of Spring Street and Rose Lane around 12:32 a.m. The victim told officers that a man pointed a gun at him and said,"You have been messing with my buddies."
The victim then asked the suspect what he would prove by shooting him. The suspect then walked away.
Officers got a description of the suspect and located both Parkinson and Mansure at the corner of Spring Street and Sires Street.
According to investigators, Parkinson was the man who pointed the gun, while Mansure was found with the gun.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Upcoming Events near Downtown
May 25, 7:00PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby