Verizon Wireless to expand 4G coverage in Charleston | News
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - A wireless company is expanding its 4G network coverage in Charleston just in time for the release of the iPhone 5.
Verizon Wireless says their 4G LTE network coverage in Charleston will be expanded on Thursday, September 20 to include 80,000 more people, including residents in Dorchester and Berkeley counties. This announcement comes just in time for the mega-release of the iPhone 5, which will hit the shelves Friday.
This is big news for residents and tourist in and around Charleston, as 4G coverage provides users with 4G enabled devices with data speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. This will allow them to surf the internet, stream music and video, and download files faster than before.
According to a release from Verizon Wireless, the company is the only carrier in Charleston offering 4G LTE service.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Upcoming Events near Downtown
May 25, 7:00PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck