Police: Man dies after falling from downtown roof | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The Charleston Police Department says one person was killed after falling 40 feet from a roof on King Street Friday night in downtown Charleston.
The Charleston County Coroner's Office has identified the victim as 21-year-old Thomas Cliff of West Ashley.
According to police it happened around 3 a.m. when Cliff was allegedly jumping from one roof to another at a span of five to six feet.
Officers say that's when the victim missed the roof while jumping and fell 40 feet to the courtyard's brick and concrete floor.
The coroner's office says Cliff was taken to MUSC where he later died from his injuries.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal