Cops: Domestic violence suspect found with sawed-off shotgun | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- A downtown Charleston man was arrested Wednesday night on multiple charges, including the unlawful possession of a sawed-off shotgun.
Raymond Leonard Thorne, 24, has been arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a sawed-off shotgun, first degree criminal domestic violence, damage to personal property and trespassing.
According to a police report, Thorne assaulted a female at Meeting Street Manor apartments.
Police say Thorne was found on Harris Street. Officers searched Thorne and found a sawed-off shotgun in his backpack.
Thorne is being held in the Al Cannon Detention Center. He is on trespass notice for Meeting Street Manor.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight