St. Paddy's Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The St. Patrick's Day Parade for downtown Charleston is underway Thursday. The parade followed a Catholic mass held at St. Patrick's Church on Radcliffe Street.
Traditional music and a plethora of people will bring the Irish spirit to the streets.
The route starts at Radcliffe Street and will cover part of King Street before turning at Broad Street, and ending at Broad and Legare streets.
The Hibernian Society will parade from East Bay to Broad Street, ending at Hibernian Hall on Meeting Street, following the larger King Street parade.
It kicks off around 11:15 a.m. Streets will be closed during the parade passing.
Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight