Cloud cover to lower temperatures | Weather
LOWCOUNTRY (WCSC) - Live 5 Meteorologist Chad Watson says the cloud cover will keep the temps down and might bring some showers Friday.
More clouds are on the way in for Friday and they might just end up doing two things for us...keeping the temps down just a bit or bringing some lucky backyard far inland a shower late this evening. Temps are mild as we start off in the 70s already and they will head back into the upper 80s this afternoon for daytime highs. Most of us stay below the 90° mark. West winds will be light at 5-10 mph. This evening and tonight a disturbance overhead will help make a better chance of showers and a storm west of the Tri-County with even better thunderstorm chances around on Saturday.
Check out the moon this Saturday night when it will be around 222,000 miles from us. That seems far, but it's actually the closest pass for the year which will make it appear bigger and brighter. It should be around 14 percent larger and 30% brighter to look at. The weather may be iffy with some clouds and possible thunderstorms that night, but we'll keep our fingers crossed!
Live 5 Meteorologist
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal