Storming now, but drier air on the way | Weather
LOWCOUNTRY (WCSC) - Live 5 Meteorologist Brad Miller with your afternoon forecast:
Strong thunderstorms continue to develop across the area this afternoon. These storms will produce heavy rain and frequent lightning as they move east towards the coast. Storms will diminish later this evening with skies becoming partly cloudy overnight. Lows will be in the low to mid 70s. Good news is that by tomorrow, some drier air will begin to filter in, so rain chances will be decreasing. High temps on Sunday will be in the upper 80s to near 90.
The tropics are fairly quiet today. Ernesto has dissipated over Mexico and Tropical Depression #7 has run into a lot of dry air and is no longer a threat to develop.
Have a great weekend !!
Top Downtown Stories
Upcoming Events near Downtown
May 25, 7:00PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight